I’ve finally been able to figure out the entire Bluetooth API of Android and I felt it was more difficult than writing Arduino code in Assembly. In it’s current avatar, I think it’s ready for a Beta release. Based on the feedback I receive, I’ll make a few changes and release the code and put it on the Android Play Store (for which I still need to register a developer account).
A quick how-to about the app – The app can be used to communicate with serial (RX-TX/UART) bluetooth devices. This largely includes devices that are used to control microcontrollers and other electronic projects which use bluetooth to send and receive information. I developed this app to use with a bluetooth enabled robot that I had been dying to build for quite some time now. I think it’s pretty self-explanatory and if it’s not, then I need to work a bit more on it. Continue reading
Stuck at the airport and just trying to kill time with the free wifi, thought I’d give the wordpress app a try on my LG Optimistic net. It’s pretty decent so far and setup was just too easy. 4.5 stars on Android market. Let’s see if this will help me blog more frequently 🙂
Thank goodness there’s an app for this. One of the most handy features ever. I hate the auto-rotate when it does it for the home screen and for aldiko, but I would really like it to be there when using Astrid or Messaging since the landscape keyboard is much more convenient to use on my 3.2 inch screen.
Smart Rotator. Just download it from the market. Dead easy to use. Long press the app in the list and select to turn the feature on or off.
For a year now, I’ve been content using Enomther’s AOSP 1.6 on my HTC G1 (Dream). I have absolutely no complaints about this ROM, it works perfectly and is a breeze to use. But seeing that it’s been quite a while since the last update and also that Android 2.2 is now available for the HTC G1, I decided to take the plunge and install Cyanogen’s mod v6.1.0 RC1. This one requires Danger SPL for sure and the way to check it is given in this page. Also, Amon_Ra’s custom recovery console is required. I already had v1.2.3, but seeing that the current version is 1.7.0, I decided to upgrade that as well!
The radio on my phone is: 184.108.40.206I. Since I already have DangerSPL installed on my phone (from the time I rooted it last year), looks like I don’t have to worry about this one. Otherwise, you need to have this particular radio and you can download it from the DangerSPL page.
Here’s the link for installing Cyanogen Mod 6.
Ok, updating it to Cyanogen mod was a breeze. Nothing too difficult since I’d done it already previously. I must admit the new boot up screen looks really good. And the whole system is very responsive even though it’s running android 2.2. Wait! I’ve got 2.2! 2.2 baby! Dam, it only just hit me! I’ve got Android 2.2 on my g1! Yes! 🙂